Charlotte Marathon week is here and the Charlotte Running Club will play an active part of it.
- On Friday come visit us at the Expo in the Charlotte Convention Center. Someone will be there from 10a to 8pm giving out free pacing bands, selling you some great CRC merchandise, or providing you information on all the great things we have planned.
- On Saturday, we have over 3 dozen members serving on the CRC Pace Team. We will have pace teams from 3 Hours to 6 Hours (and every 15 minutes in between) helping several runners meet their time goals for this year’s race. Special thanks to Eric Smith who is our Pace Team Captain and also thanks to Lululemon who provided this year’s official Pace Team outfit.
- If you plan on racing and haven’t signed up yet, take advantage of our 10% discount for any of the 5 races Saturday morning. Access the discount code by going to https://charlotterunningclub.wildapricot.org/discounts and logging in.
- If you’re racing on Saturday and make a PR, look out for our new CRC PR Bell which will located just after the finish line after you get your medal. Ring that bell with pride!
- If you’re not racing or pacing, we hope that you are spectating somewhere along the course. Please join our CRC Cheer Zone at the corner of 5th and Osborne near Mile 23.
Speaking of Charlotte Marathon, I had the opportunity to sit down and talk everything Charlotte Running Club with Race Director Tim Rhodes on the Running Around Charlotte podcast. You can access that podcast by going to the link below.
Link to podcast
Later this month you will be receiving our 2020 annual member renewal notices. Please make sure to renew as soon as possible so you can continue to take advantage of our many race discounts, store discounts, social events, and help us support local running. We are proud to continue to offer race discounts next year with Sisu and Start 2 Finish. We are excited to provide new discounts for the Charlotte Marathon, Wilmington Marathon in March, and the Grandma’s Marathon in June. Our race discounts alone are worth over $180 alone. Not bad for a $20 membership.
Along with your renewal, we are providing each member with a survey. The results of this survey will assist your leadership team going forward in understanding your needs and what you’d like to see from CRC in the future. It should only take 5 minutes.
We have posted many updates on social media regarding CRC members Paula Pridgen’s successful day at the New York City Marathon. I was visiting with the Ballantyne Running Club at Hooligan’s that Sunday morning. I was beaming with pride as I saw Paula’s name come flashing across the screen (20th Female / 9th American) The whole room filled with cheer and excitement when we saw her live on national television as she approached the finish line with the men’s winner, Geoffrey Kamworor. Great job Paula on your new PR and great race!
Paula will be racing at the Olympic Trails in Atlanta February 29. We have a group trip planned that is being coordinated by our travel partner Destination Marathons. This trip will sell out soon so please take care of your accommodations soon by going HERE. The Package includes 2 hotel nights, VIP tent at the trials, pre-race dinner, and an entry into the Publix Atlanta Marathon or Half Marathon March 1. Members will be receive a discount.
See you at a future race, group run, or CRC Event.
In great strides,
Charlotte Running Club President